One of the goals of customer reviews is to get more of them, since a large body of quality reviews helps to build up your online presence and lend more social credibility and trustworthiness to your business. But once those reviews start coming in regularly, how do you keep up with what’s being said about your business, and what, exactly, should you do with the information?
In other words, it’s not just about getting the reviews themselves but turning them into actionable insights and practical next steps. After all, if you don’t know what to do with the feedback you’re collecting, your customers may as well be talking to a wall.
With two important GatherUp features, you can start extracting value and real-world ideas from your customer feedback that help you know what to address and improve — or what’s working well — so you can give your customers the best experience possible.
Here’s a closer look at these features.
Tag and monitor keywords
GatherUp’s auto-tagging feature allows you to track what’s being said in your customer reviews by tagging specific keywords in those reviews.
Here’s how it works:
- Input and auto-assign keywords as tags: Determine the keywords you want to look for in reviews — such as specific products or services, product and service categories, or positive, negative, or indifferent sentiment, for example. Then input those keywords into GatherUp as tags. Reviews that include those keywords and sentiment will be auto-tagged. You can also choose to apply those same tags to older reviews.
- Capture and segment reviews: When auto-tagged reviews come in that contain your keywords, you can then segment those reviews by topic to help you uncover valuable insights on key areas of your business. For example, if you tagged the keyword “slow,” you can segment all the reviews you get that mention “slow” to give you insight into which customers said this and under what circumstances.
- Promote reviews on web pages: Finally, you can feed specific reviews to your product or service pages on your website to help build trust and increase conversions. For example, you could promote reviews that were tagged with positive sentiment and mentioned a specific product on your site’s product page so potential customers have more information and can feel more comfortable about making a purchase decision.
By identifying themes in your customer reviews — products or services that are routinely mentioned, sentiment that is routinely expressed — you can elevate the great work you’re doing by sharing positive reviews on your website while also tracking and evaluating areas where you may be falling down so you can make improvements.
Crunch and simplify large amounts of customer feedback data
GatherUp’s Smart Insights feature uses artificial intelligence (AI) to distill all your customer feedback data into an easy-to-understand report with actionable next steps.
Here’s how it works:
- Generate a report: When you have customer feedback activity — whether for a client (if you run an agency), a certain location (if you run a multi-location or franchise business), or your main business if you only operate a single location — you can generate the report to get insights about that feedback.
- Learn what’s working and what isn’t: Once the report is generated, you can see 5 examples of “Where you’re crushing it” and 5 examples of “Areas of improvement.” For example, if you operate a restaurant, you could get insight that you’re “crushing it” on the quality of service and tastiness of the food, among others, but where you need to improve includes hygiene and food quality.
- Download and repeat: You can download the report into a PDF so you can share with other stakeholders, and you can regenerate the report as often as you like to get new or different insights.
By extracting the most important trends and highlights across your entire body of reviews, you get specific details about what to keep doing or what to change that can make a big impact with your customers and your overall business. And because AI does the legwork and analysis for you, you don’t have to burn hours of time combing through the feedback and reviews yourself. You get a handy, digestible report with zero manual effort on your part.
Guide: How to Integrate AI
Get to insights and action faster with GatherUp
Your customer review strategy isn’t complete without actionable insights. When you use GatherUp’s customer experience and reputation management platform, you get the automated tools and insight you need to quickly understand what your customers are telling you and take action so you can improve their experience.
Contact us today to learn more about the features listed here.